2023 SHOW SCHEDULE
Please send stall reservations to email@example.com - please include how many stalls, hydro hookups and number of shavings needed.
Please send early entries and payment to - firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT EARNING POINTS TOWARDS YOUR OPHC YEAR END TOTAL BY SHOWING WITH THE EASTERN ONTARIO PAINT HORSE CLUB!
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL 2023 OPHC SHOWS WILL START PROMPTLY AT 8 AM
ALL 2023 OPHC SHOWS WILL BE HELD AT THE ANCASTER FAIRGROUNDS IN ANCASTER, ON
Spring Kick-Off - May 21/22, 2023 (Sunday, Monday)
- 2 judges - Kathryn Kope (FL), Jan Larsen (MT)
- Free coffee & baked goods sponsored each morning by Diane Watson & EPR Legacy Show Horses
- Home Hardware Disciplined Rail - $200 added!
- Stalls & camping must be booked before April 30, 2023
- SHOW RESULTS
- SCORE SHEETS
Signs of Summer - June 17/18, 2023
- 3 judges - Susan Robinson (ON), Pam Scott (FL), Rhonda Replogle (FL)
- Free coffee & baked goods sponsored each morning by our favourite stall cleaner Angus McPhee of Entre "Manure"
- Non-Pro All-Breed classes (APHA rules will apply)
- Winning Strides Versatility Class - $200 added!
- Momma Louks' Strawberry Social - only $5 - all proceeds go back to the club!
- Stalls & camping must be booked before May 28, 2023
Mid Summer Classic - July 15/16, 2023
- 3 judges - Casey Orr (TX), Steve Shank (NY), Dale Sullens (TX)
- Free coffee & baked goods sponsored each morning by Marsha Robson
- Ontario Provincial Paint Horse Showdown
- Rick Fleetwood Trail Clinic - FREE! - Saturday, July 15th after Trail is set up
- Stalls & camping must be booked before June 25, 2023
September Spotacular - September 9/10, 2023
- 3 judges - Stephanie McConnell (IN), Michelle Nyberg (NY), Carol Dunbar (IL)
- Free coffee & baked goods sponsored each morning by Suzie Boot Farrier Services
- Weanling Halter Classes!
- All Breed Stake Classes! (APHA rules will apply)
- Stalls & camping must be booked before August 20, 2023
2023 SHOW FEES
- All day fee (any/all divisions) - $100/Horse/Judge
- Single class fee - (1-6 classes) $15/class/judge
- Office fee - $13/horse/judge
- APHA fee - $9/horse/judge
- Drug testing fee - $7/horse/judge
- Stall fee - $125/stall (2 nights)
- Cleanout fee - $30 for each stall not stripped at the end of each show
- Hydro hookup - $100/weekend (hookup sites are assigned, please book in advance)
- Shavings - $9/bag
Early entries are always appreciated by our show staff. Please e-mail your completed entry form to Kari Newton. Just remember to stop by the show office and confirm your entry prior to the start of the show. There is no penalty or fee required if you are unable to attend.
REMINDERSPlease note that the following documents are required at all OPHC shows:
- APHA Registration papers for all horses to be shown
- Current APHA membership card (Open, Amateur, Novice Amateur, Youth, Walk/Trot) or a copy
- Current APHA individual membership card for the owner of the horse or a copy
- Copy of your APHA Showing Lease (if applicable)
Exhibitors that are unable to produce a copy of their current APHA membership card on Show Day (i.e. Open, Amateur, Novice Amateur, Youth, Walk/Trot) will be required to purchase a Temporary Application. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Please remember - if you have an Open member showing your horse, it is your responsibility to produce a current copy of their APHA card when submitting entries. If you have any questions, please contact Kari Newton at email@example.com.
Attention Lead Line & Walk Jog Exhibitors: All lead Line & Walk Jog exhibitors are required to wear an ASTM approved helmet at all times while mounted. Please support the OPHC in our effort to ensure the safety of our youngest riders.